2021 Quarter 2 data!
We’re excited to announce Marketscape’s quarterly data update, including 100% of Part A & B claims from Q2 2021 as well as Medicare Advantage and Commercial Claims for lives 65+. This is the most recent data available on the market, opening doors to build even stronger relationships with your referral sources!
When we release a new set of data into Marketscape, we not only populate every page and table with the latest available Medicare metrics, we also update the following custom features:
- Sales Spotlight content for physicians or hospitals is updated, including your "My Agency" insights.
- Any saved presentation is also updated to include the latest metrics.
New in Global Search – Provider Specialty and Facility Specialty
Now when using Global Search, you can preview the specialty type in the populated search results to ensure you are selecting the correct provider or facility type in cases of multiple NPIs or similar names.
- Global Search: All provider types
- Physician - Show Specialty
- Facilities - Show Facility Type
- PACs - Show Specialty
Enhancement – Average Medicare Reimbursement
On the Facilities Analyze page, under the Utilization & Quality tab in the Readmission Groups table, we have added the Average Medicare Reimbursement for Inpatient Stays and Readmitted Stays. This can help you talk about the penalty for not keeping patients out of the hospital and how they can partner with PAC to keep these costs minimal.
Enhancement – Dual-Eligible Patients
We have added a new metric named Dual-Eligible Patients, which applies to both Facilities and PAC Providers. This metric can be found in the following locations:
- Explore Page > Dual-Eligible Patients Column
- Optional column
- Analyze Page > Patient Population Tab > Patient Volume > Dual-Eligible Patients Row
- Chart and Table view
The Dual-Eligible Patient metric is the count of distinct Medicare FFS patients who were discharged from the selected Provider and were also eligible for Medicaid coverage during the one-year reporting period.
Knowing dual-eligible patient counts will help you decide if you should go after or avoid a referral source (or potential acquisition). This will also show you the volume to have a better picture of payer mix among various provider types.
Enhancement – Hospice Utilization Table Metrics
On the Facility Analyze page, under the Utilization & Quality Tab, we have updated three rows showing metrics in the Hospice Utilization table.
- Patient Hospice Utilization - The percentage of discharges from the selected facility who were admitted to hospice care within 30 days of discharge (Original Metric)
- Intended Hospice Utilization - The percentage of discharges from the selected facility with discharge instructions for hospice care (New Metric)
- Actual Hospice Utilization - The percentage of discharges from the selected facility with discharge instructions for hospice who were admitted to hospice within 30 days of discharge (New Metric)
This will help you better understand the patients' and facilities' interactions with Hospice.
Patient Hospice Utilization measures the percentage of patients admitted to hospice regardless of the discharge code from the facility.
Marketscape Mobile Enhancements
New Table – Patient Diagnostic Mix
On the Physicians Top Metrics page, we have added a new Patient Diagnostic Mix table to show the top 3 diagnoses from a physician. The table is sorted by two columns:
- Trella Diagnostic Group: Determined by the primary diagnosis for that patient.
- Annual Patient Count: Count of distinct patients treated by this physician within the previous year with a principal diagnosis that falls within the Trella diagnostic group.
The Top 3 Diagnoses shown are based on the primary ICD-10-CM diagnosis code for patients treated by the physician that fall within the Trella diagnostic group. This will help you better understand how to approach conversations with providers, and how patients align with the services your agency offers.
For more information, see Trella Health Diagnostic Groupings.