These release notes are designed to highlight some of the most useful new or updated content or features in Marketscape.
Medicare Advantage Data - Updated to 2019
In this release we have updated all tables that include Medicare Advantage data to show the latest available metrics from 2019.
Although the MA metrics are from 2019, they are calculated from the most recent data available that includes 100% of Medicare Advantage as provided from CMS.
Analyze Page - Hospital Sales Spotlight Now Available
The Hospital Sales Spotlight feature is now available in Marketscape for Hospice! Sales Spotlight summarizes the most valuable metrics for hospice referral conversations into an accessible one-pager for reps on-the-go. This feature also translates these metrics into a pre-written script of talking points that prove the value of your hospice agency to new and existing hospital referral sources. Features include:
- Top metrics on any hospital including Hospice Destinations, Utilization, Patients, and 30-day Readmission Rate
- In the Agency Relationship section of Sales Spotlight, you can see at-a-glance how your agency stacks up against the competition with metrics for Hospitalization Rate: Stay +30 Days, RN Visits and All Visits last 3 days and last 7 days.
- With the Conversation Starters toggle next to the Email Sales Spotlight on the Sales Spotlight tab, you can quickly transform all metrics in Sales Spotlight into an easy-to-decipher sentence format.
Whether it’s comparing your agency against the top agency destination or against state and county averages, Sales Spotlight automatically populates with whatever story will shine the brightest light on your agency’s capabilities to compete against your competitors.
Want the Sales Spotlight data to populate for another of your Hospice Locations? Simply select your other location from the “My Agency” dropdown. Not seeing the agency there? Reach out to your dedicated customer success manager for assistance to configure your NPI!
Hospital Sales Spotlight Email
For quick and easy sales call preparation, you can now send Sales Spotlight straight to your inbox. Simply click the green “Email Sales Spotlight” button at the top of the Sales Spotlight tab, select your recipient, and click send. You’ll receive your email within minutes, including all Sales Spotlight metrics and conversation starters!
Conversation Starters for Hospitals – Hospice Utilization
In Hospital Sales Spotlight, we’ve added the following to the Hospice Utilization insight when Conversation Starters is on: This means there is an opportunity to steal Market Share. Look at Top Destinations to find key competitors.
This metric is the percentage of patients who were admitted to hospice within 30 days of discharge from the selected hospital. For this metric, we count patients whether they were coded for hospice at discharge or not. The fact that a high, or higher, percentage of patients were admitted to hospice shows that partnering with the hospital to gain some of those referrals has a higher potential, because there is a higher percentage of hospice appropriate patients being discharged from the hospital.
We suggest as the next step to click on the Destinations tab to look at the spread of hospices admitting patients from the selected hospital. Examination of this table will show:
- Your share of hospice patients. You might find that your agency is a top destination, which is a sign of success in your relations with the selected hospital. If your agency is lower on the list, this shows the size of the opportunity for growth.
- Your main competitor’s share of hospice patients. This allows a direct comparison with your agency.
- The spread or concentration of destinations. If the hospice patients are concentrated in a fewer number of hospices, this implies a close relationship between the hospital and those agencies. This is a more closed competitive situation, which might encourage going to another source, or might be taken as an exciting challenge. If the patients are disbursed over a large spread of hospices, this implies a looser connection between the hospital and subsequent hospice and has opportunity written all over it!
We refer to this metric also as “patients entered,” to draw attention to the admission apart from the inferred intent at discharge.
New Table - Site of Service
We have added a new table to the Physician Analyze page, under the Practice Details tab called Site of Service. This table shows the known facility locations where a physician is providing professional services. This table will show you the specific locations where the physician is treating patients and will help you to identify the best location for making contact with the physician.
From the images below, you can see that the first physician treats patients at multiple locations (a cardiologist, so likely treats remotely) and the second physician only serves at the one hospital named in the table.
Enhancement - Readmission Rate by Trella Diagnostic Group
On Hospice Analyze pages, under the Quality and Operational tab, you’ll now see readmission rates broken out by diagnostic category on the Length of Stay by Trella Diagnostic Group table.
Updates to Hospice Timing Table - On the Facility Analyze page, under the Utilization and Quality tab, you’ll see the Hospice Timing table show the number of patients out of every 1,000. The metric calculations aren’t changing and the table will include the same data; it will be presented in a way that is easier to understand.
Explore County and Zip Columns - On the Explore page you’ll now see counties and ZIP codes in separate columns. This will allow you to sort the table by county or ZIP code.
Marketscape Mobile updates coming!
Extended Logout Timing - If you log in to the Marketscape Mobile app, you will stay logged in for 30 days, no longer needing to input your credentials each time.
Agency’s Top Physician and Facility Sources – When viewing a Hospice’s Top Metrics page, you’ll now be able to see the top 3 physician and top 3 facility sources, patient count, and affiliation with the agency.
Hospital Top Metrics and Conversation Starters – Find the same great metrics and conversations starters from Sales Spotlight on the Mobile app! You can email Sales Spotlight directly from the app on the go.