What is a Sales Spotlight Email?
Sales Spotlight emails provide a breakdown of the physician’s top metrics, including the top 3 hospice destinations, as well as a brief but in-depth comparison of how your agency compares to the physician's top destinations. If you've received a Sales Spotlight Email, review the physician and determine if it would be a good target for you. Anyone can send you a Sales Spotlight from the Physician Analyze page within Marketscape. You can even send one to yourself! Sending one to yourself is a great way to have that physician's information at your finger tips before a sales call.
See the Sales Spotlight - Overview for more information on how to send yourself a Sales Spotlight Email.
This article will show and summarize the elements in the Sales Spotlight email. For a deeper dive into the metrics and messaging see our article on Sales Spotlight - Understanding the Metrics.
In short, the metrics in this section are the ones you need to make a quick assessment of the selected physician as a source of potential referrals. These are the metrics that we use in our primary targeting strategies.
- Patient Volume - A physician who treats a higher number of patients is a more likely source of patient referrals.
- Hospice Utilization (Mortalities) - Higher utilization is indicative of a physician who is already committed to hospice. A physician who beats the state average of the performance of professional peers is of particular attention.
- Average Length of Stay - This is a metric that will be useful for comparing with other physicians. Any length of stay metric needs to be evaluated in the context of patient demographics and diagnoses.
- Top HOS Destinations Last 12 Months - This table will include up to four of the top hospice destinations for the selected physician. In general, this list is included to show you where your agency stacks up against the competition, and to show the agency with the top percentage.
Hospice Quality Conversation Starters
The image below shows an example of the Conversation Starters (Talking Points). Below the image, we will discuss some general observations about the content.
- Usage - The purpose of any of the included metrics is to identify instances where the selected agency out-performed a competitor or a state average. In general, a physician is interested first in agencies that will provide better care for patients, and second in agencies that help to keep costs under control.
- Format - The syntax of these metrics is designed to focus on whether the metric is a strength or a weakness. If our example said, "At 18.26%" - we know immediately that this reveals an area for improvement, whereas "At 7.06% shows that this is an area of strong performance for your agency. The remainder of the content describes the comparison.
Red - As a sales rep, you will want to be aware of but not use any metrics in red. These demonstrate areas where your agency need to dig in and improve.
- Green - These are the metrics you can use right away. These will show you areas where your agency is doing a great job, either against a specific competitor, as stated, or against the state average.